It is one of the most amazing unicorns in the ecosystem of French technology start-ups that are evolving between the worlds of insurance and human resources.
Alan received 183 million euros and reaches a capitalization of 2.7 billion euros.
In this new mass tournament, the digital platform for complementary health insurance is supported by:
- Growing the teacher’s business (TVG, Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan Board branch),
- other existing and new investors like Temasek, Index, Coatue, Ribbit Capital, Exor, Dragoneer and Lakestar.
“The goal is to be profitable in France by 2025 so that we no longer depend on the fundraising market.” What funding is supposed to allow us to go to the horizon 2025 and have our destiny in hand »declare Charles Gorintin, CTO and co-founder of Alan.
“An IPO is possible in the long run. Today, we don’t need it because we are supported by excellent private investors such as the Teachers ‘Venture Growth (TVG), which is affiliated with the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP). is the leader of this new round table. He is committed to supporting Alan’s development for a very long time. »
Since its inception in 2016, Alan has raised 458 million euros.
The last round of 185 million euros was held in April 2021.
Alan targets 8 countries covered by 2025
• 15,000 client companies, including Vitalliance, People and Baby crèches (with more than 5,000 employees, IT Link, Algolia),
• 300,000 subscribing members.
In 2022, it reached a turnover of 200 million euros.
By 2025, Alan has:
• have 3 million subscribers with a presence in 8 countries, “mainly in Europe”. Currently, the platform covers three countries: France, Spain and Belgium (12,000 members out of the last two countries).
• tripling its workforce from 500 to 1,500 employees.
A range of products in the process of diversification
In 2021, Alan developed new products related to its complementary health insurance offering, marketed via its digital platform.
- Alan Mind : a new application dedicated to being mental to individuals and employees. The Alan Mind solution, developed with the Jour start-up team purchased in September 2021, has 10,000 users.
- Alan Clear : an application to try augmented reality glasses and buy a pair. Lunettes are sourced from European designers such as Marlow, Gino, Heyelander, Molojo, Andy Brook and Komono.
- Alan Clinic : an application to refer health professionals to the application, talk to a health team, conduct teleconsultations, and receive notifications to prevent measurement.
- Alan as a job : an offer, consisting of technological bricks designed by Alan, made available to insurance and mutual groups. Lamie mutuelle is one of the first customers of this white label offer.