A fire broke out in the restaurant on Tuesday, May 31, at around 4:15 p.m., in Buis-les-Baronnies The Provencal Cap located at the southern end of the Place des Arcades, managed by chef Pascal Collé, when it was closing day l’établissement.
The accident, probably due to a short circuit in the corridor leading to the kitchen, was quickly limited by the intervention of the fire brigades of Buis, Mollans-sur-Ouvèze and Vaison-la-Romaine. Thirteen firefighters intervened, under the command of Lieutenant Davin, from Tulette.
The damage is minor, and is mostly caused by the use of fire extinguishers by firefighters. They force the restaurant to clean up. The establishment should remain closed for two to three days.