Fire in the smoke extractor: the cuisine of a ravaged restaurant in Anderlecht (photos)

The fire started in the smoke extractor and kitchen extraction pipes. It spread to the wooden floor above, on the first floor. The room in question served as a storage place for the restaurant.

The second and third floors of the building were inhabited. The occupants were evacuated without any particular difficulty. They were able to return to their homes after the fire was extinguished and the place was ventilated.


Les dégâts in the apartment, mainly in the kitchen, are relatively important. Gas and electricity had to be cut off. The restaurant will have to be closed for some time.

Walter Derieuw reminds restaurateurs that it is important to clean the extractor and extraction hoses regularly, as the grease that builds up in them can catch fire. The cause of this fire, however, remains to be determined. It is of accidental origin.


Leave a Comment