Home insurance: how to get a refund in case of water damage?

Water damage: is expertise still needed?

Your insurance company may, if it deems it necessary, appoint an expert to examine and assess the damage to your home. Generally, the insurance appeals to an expert and the damages amount to more than € 1,600. You are notified of the arrival of the expert by your insurance company. For your part, you can be assisted by an expert of your choice. Nevertheless, his fees cannot be covered by the insurance contract. Before the expert is appointed by your insurer, think about prepare a file justifying the damage you have suffered. You need to see accordingly to preserve the damaged objects and to gather the elements (invoices, photos …) that facilitate the identification of the damaged property or the destruction.

Leave a Comment