It is not at all a restaurant for tourists (50% French) who walk the well-kept gardens encircling the 125-meter-wide tower on the ground, whose star is always complete with both services – a well-deserved success. The brewery of the 1er Floor, completely renovated and now christened Madame Brasserie, reopened on June 6 with Chef Thierry Marx, of the double-star restaurant of the Mandarin Oriental hotel, on measure, in the Ier Paris arrondissement.
The Eiffel Tower is unique and has a panoramic view that offers an all-rounder in the capital. One cannot forget the view of Paris, which can be admired from the top of the Jules Verne salons, through the metal beams of the tower. Lunch is a dream in broad daylight, fairytale dinner.
The Champ-de-Mars lounge, Le Jules Verne restaurant, offers sublime views of Paris. | Marie-Line Sina
The tour offers you an admirable real estate trip all over Paris, an observation post that has no more than so many discoveries and cars. The private elevator propels you to the top in seconds, what a moment!
Meal time (lunch or dinner) is an exception in life: nothing is common in this Parisian tower, so criticized at its birth in 1889. In front of you, the Montparnasse Tower, in the heart of the Parisian panorama, imposes its presence by its surprising size. What are you looking at? Your neighborhood? Your borough? Historic sites, Notre Dame, the Louvre, the outlines of the capital, green areas? Everyone shapes their vision according to their tastes, their culture, their desires …
The Quai Branly room of the Le Jules Verne restaurant, at 2e floor of the Eiffel Tower. | Marie-Line Sina
The current managers of the tower at both restaurants could have been content with the restaurant in good shape, without bringing it charm, comfort and elegance. They aimed for the best. Willingly, the emotion of the captive visitors through the secrets and straps of the Eiffel Tower.
In this regard, lunch or dinner is one must, and only for gourmets. The tour benefits from advice, ideas, dishes from the great chef of the Pré Catelan, Frédéric Anton (three justified stars), who comes every day to check the ordering of menus and dishes.
Chef Frédéric Anton comes every day to check the order of the menus and plates. | Marie-Line Sina
Jules Verne has only one star, which is poorly rated. Fewer refined dishes by Frédéric Anton, which offer extraordinary culinary journeys, would justify two stars. See the beautiful gourmet recital:
The five-course lunch menu (135 euros)
- Fresh herb ravioli, ewe tomme, garlic cream.
- The bar is thinly sliced with vanilla, peas and mint.
- Naturally cooked cod, Kalamata olive powder, fried capers, full-bodied bouillabaisse broth.
Naturally cooked cod, Kalamata olive powder, fried capers and full-bodied bouillabaisse broth from Le Jules Verne restaurant. | Frédéric Anton / Le Jules Verne
- Stir-fried beef pepper sauce, “thick fried.”
- Baba soaked in old rum, lightly infused cold cream, cascara sorbet (plant).
- Strawberry, crispy meringue, elderberry-scented zephyr, fine rhubarb tartlet.
The dinner tasting menu in five services (245 euros) or in seven services (255 euros)
- Crab, iced broth, caviar, zephyr with sour apple juice.
Crab, iced broth, zephyr with sour apple juice. | Frédéric Anton / Le Jules Verne
- The bar (also on the menu at 135 euros).
- The lobster prepared in ravioli, parmesan cream, fine beet jelly.
The lobster ravioli, fine beet jelly, parmesan cream. | Frédéric Anton / Le Jules Verne
- The cod.
- Roasted poultry, cream morels, bear garlic.
- The strawberry, crispy meringue.
- Chocolate, hot puff, cocoa-grated ice cream, crispy gavotte, a childhood treat.
5, Avenue Gustave Eiffel, 75007 Paris. Au 2e floor of the Eiffel Tower. Access the corner of Charles-Floquet and Octave-Gréard boulevards, then take the private ascent from the restaurant entrance or the south pillar of the Eiffel Tower. Everything is arrowed. Closing step. Tel .: 01 45 55 61 44. Reservations by email: [email protected]
The Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris’s restaurant has its doors, in partnership with the triple star Da Vittorio institution, at Brusaporto near Milan, the international emblem of Italian gastronomic cuisine.
Six months after the opening of Il Carpaccio and the arrival of the couple of chefs Alessandra Del Favero and Olivier Piras, the Michelin guide 2022, the course of an Italian restaurant.
Chefs Alessandra Del Favero and Oliver Piras are at Il Carpaccio Restaurant. | Romeo Balancourt
“We are extremely happy and proud of this Michelin star that shines for Il Carpaccio! This prestigious award is a reflection of the tireless work of our kitchen and dining teams, and the excellence that is at the heart of our priorities every day in our palace. ”says Christophe Thomas, CEO of Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris.
In the heart of the hotel, a pearly corridor adorned with thousands of shells leads to your table. The hall resembles a real winter garden, completely surrounded by spring-colored verrières.
The dining room of Il Carpaccio looks like a real jardin d’hiver. | Romeo Balancourt
The chefs offer a modern, light Italian cuisine, working with exceptional quality transalpine products. They officiate in both the kitchen and the dining room, where they treat their guests. The ingenious duo offers a gastronomic experience from starter to dessert, assisted by talented pastry chef Quentin Lechat, who signs the à la carte des pâtisseries italiennes.
At the restaurant Il Carpaccio, an assortment of desserts by pastry chef Quentin Lechat. | Romeo Balancourt
“Our cuisine is from there, it wants to be pure in its expression, articulates around transalpine products of exceptional quality and aims for a light modernity.” Our difference? It’s about welcoming guests at home. We can’t wait to come to the room to present our dishes and finish them off in front of the customers as for the famous paccheri alla Vittorio, made to the minute, accompanied by a sauce with three tomatoes and fresh parmesan! ”explains Oliver Piras, a pasta artist.
Il Carpaccio Restaurant, Paccheri alla Vittorio are prepared in minutes. | Beatrice Pilotto
In addition to this legendary recipe not to be missed, Alessandra Del Favero and Olivier Piras like to cut in front of the guests the sublime veal rib like an elephant’s ear, or to deliver the tartar tartare in the green way. Also on the menu, a light veal tonnato in sauce and cream, but with a touch of modernity. A gift.
At the Il Carpaccio restaurant, the green tartare of series. | Romeo Balancourt
On the wine side, Clément Emery, director of mixology and sommelier, brought together the most beautiful terroirs of the Italian peninsula with prestigious estates.
On the terrace of Il Carpaccio restaurant. | Romeo Balancourt
A couple in the kitchen and in life
Oliver Piras has lived various experiences across Europe: at the Celler de Can Roca in Spain, at the Noma in Copenhagen, with chef Alberico Penati in Brussels and with triple-starred chef Joël Robuchon in London.
After graduating from a renowned Italian cooking school, Alessandra Del Favero decided to approve her culinary skills at the family hotel in San Vito di Cadore in the Dolomites. They meet in the three-star Da Vittorio restaurant. Their common passion brings them together, love is there.
Lunch menu: 55 euros. Chef’s menu inspired by the market and seasonality, in five services: 125 euros.
The menu for lunch and dinner
- Crudo de Saint-Jacques, alla puttanesca mussel stew (32 euros).
- Beet tartare, candied shallots, Milanese risotto tiles (20 euros).
- Our version of tuna veal (32 euros).
- Fassona beef carpaccio, Caesar sauce, crispy amaranth and truffle (35 euros).
Fassona beef truffle carpaccio from Il Carpaccio restaurant. | Romeo Balancourt
- Raspberry iced reds, datterino tomato cream, Neapolitan escarole (30 euros).
Pate and risotto
- Dill risotto, pistachio sabayon and prawns from Mazara del Vallo (40 euros).
Dill risotto, pistachio sabayon and prawns. | Romeo Balancourt
- Les paccheri alla Vittorio (34 euros).
- Linguine, Colonnata bacon cream, lobster tartare and artichokes (40 euros).
- The truffle tagliolini (48 euros).
- Tortelli with osso buco Milanese style and pecorino cream (30 euros).
Fish and meat
- The calcan, puntarelle, prairie cream (52 euros).
- The “panzanella” bar, watercress emulsion (48 euros).
- Sole, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, bay leaves and almonds (48 euros).
- The square of lamb, lemon and chard leaves (55 euros).
- “L’oreille d’éléphant” in Milanese style, datterino tomatoes and baked potatoes (140 euros, for two people minimum).
IT’elephant ear From Vittorio. | Beatrice Pilotto
- The guinea fowl, carrots, juniper (45 euros).
Desserts (all at 22 euros)
- Le rococo, génoise, crème de citron and ricotta, Italian meringue.
- The tiramisu.
- Candied chocolate and lemon ravioli.
- Piedmont hazelnuts and tonka.
- Pineapple carpaccio, Bronte pistachio ice cream.
- Muffin, vanilla cream and granite orange.
37, Avenue Hoche, 75008 Paris. Tel .: 01 42 99 88 12. Average à la carte price: 108 euros. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Parking.