On Sunday morning at 0:05, the entire La Bergamote restaurant team was freshening up outside after a big service. It was then that a waitress called the boss, Guillaume Romaire, to tell him that there was black smoke escaping from the kitchen.
He did not want to “abandon his kitchen”!
Listening only to his courage, Guillaume rushed inside and, opening the kitchen fire door, he discovered the flames. The alert was immediately given to firefighters as the manager grabbed fire extinguishers to start putting out the fire. The fire probably came from the fryer. The restaurateur once again confronted the fumes to get out of the appliance in question. The situation is becoming sustainable. The firefighter was beginning to be helpless in the face of the scale of the fire and smoke, but shouted, “I will not leave my kitchen!” »Les courses came in foul and took the main things. Gas and electricity were cut off and the fire controlled.
The next morning, all the staff volunteered to start cleaning. Hardly lost because the fireproof ceiling, fire doors and cables had melted.
The kitchen is completely destroyed. Only the lab has been saved, which means the catering party will be able to operate, including making the pizzas to power the vending machines. The room with 104 roofs is safe, but without a kitchen …
Possible chômage technique
The company, which is now awaiting experts and insurance, is made up of 11 salaries, plus Cindy and Guillaume Romaire. There is no doubt that there will be technical unemployment.
Always with the energy that characterizes it, the restaurateur says: “My employees have been supportive and are a valuable help. Continue only to the catering parties and the pizza distributors has functionsls. I blame the blow but we will leave even stronger. »
It will not be effective until several weeks or even months before the restaurant opens.